apply to be a mister migs
Thank you for applying to become a Mister Migs Brand Ambassador (aka Migs Model)! The function of a Migs Model is essentially acting as a model/promoter for Mister Migs: Dog Gear For Good! by taking high quality photos of products we send to you and posting them to your following. In exchange for your time and dedication, you get to keep the product we send to you for free!
Please keep in mind that we will be picking the outfit to send to you based on the size, color, and breed of your dog. If you live outside of the United States, that's not a problem! We love having International models! Unfortunately, we cannot accept everyone's photos if they do not fit within our brand message or they do not meet our criteria. Please review the guidelines below for some tips on what to do and what not to do when submitting your application and/or examples of your work.
Dog Model Photography Examples:
Do's & dont's of dog model photography
- Go outside to take pictures. Natural lighting is best, and it tends to need less editing!
- Use props if you want, it can make the photo more fun! The props should be tasteful and shouldn't take away from the outfit. For example: balloons, flowers, books, shoes, vintage furniture, etc.
- Hire a professional if you do not feel that you can take it on all on your own. You are also more than welcome to visit our studio in Atlanta for free professional photos!
- Combine patterns and textures for more aesthetic appeal! For example: a fur throw on a wooden floor, a polka dot background, or some sparkle.
- Utilize a pop of color that compliments the outfit. Sometimes a pop of color can really make a photo stand out!
- Use flash photography. Unless you are a skilled photographer and know that it is appropriate to use, it can cause glares in the dog's eyes and create too much contrast and unwanted shadows.
- Take photos with your cell phone. While many phones now have high quality cameras, they do not deliver the same quality as a DSLR camera. If you do not have access to a DSLR camera, see if you can borrow one from a friend!
- Use a fabric background. Fabric wrinkles, and it can look a bit amateur. If you don't have access to any good indoor backdrops, try taking some pictures outside with flowers and trees or at the beach!
- Go over the top with props and artificial backgrounds. We want the pictures to look natural and too many other elements can distract from the outfit.
- Photoshop in backgrounds, even if you are a professional at Photoshop. It often times looks fake and unnatural. We are able to do some light editing but replacing a background is too much hassle for not as good of a result.
- Have unwanted objects/clutter in the background of your photo. Keep things nice and clean!
Remember, while we would love to use everyone's pictures, the purpose of this partnership is to help us advertise our product in a fun and visually pleasing way. We are representing a brand and must carefully curate content to reflect our brand message.
Please give us about 2 weeks to review your application and let you know whether or not we will be pursuing a partnership at that time. Please be aware that you must meet our criteria before we send you our product and be active on social media. If you are local, we may choose you to be a Volunteer Model to come in to our studio or meet our photography team to take pictures. Once selected, you will receive a contract agreement outlining our guidelines and posting periods which you will sign, date, and send back to us.
Please fill out the form below (fields marked with * are required):